Wearables have come a long way since the two-way wrist radio Dick Tracy phone or shoes Maxwell Smart. Such devices have been connected once little more than fodder for comic strips and sitcoms; now they are a serious line of mobile technology that requires serious action and optimization to improve the way consumers interact with wearable technology.
By far, the most popular mobile is the smartwatch. All about smartwatches is changing the way brands approach mobile marketing. Their time short interaction – or micro-moments -. In their simplistic, wearables navigation as the smartwatch require application developers to think outside of the box in an effort to improve customer experience
Wearables also have very little real estate in terms of size the screen, so if your application does not resonate with customers, they’ll make room for something else. Let’s focus on how your brand can measure and optimize the customer experience through portable devices while watching one of the most popular wearables market. Apple shows
Points of visibility and interaction for your application
Before you connect with your customers via a mobile app, you must first understand the different ways which customers will see and interact with your application. While this example focuses on the interface of Apple Watch, the case of next use talking to a process that would be applicable to other portable devices as well.
- The home screen: Apps are on the home screen, where the investment occurs automatically once the application is installed on the mobile device. The home screen is used for multiple app icons clock that can start simple information displays or controls. It also presents a honeycomb arrangement where your application will be competing for attention with many other application icons. Here, the value is low as an application on the Home screen shows no sign of customer loyalty. In fact, your customers may not even know your application is there.
- See Glance: The Glances function is used by dragging from the bottom of the watch screen. This feature is used to obtain information on one screen and controls. Because Glances function on compatible applications must be manually activated, the likelihood of your application being selected is moderate. Activating the application Glances your brand is crucial, because the commercial value of these interactions remains high.
- Complication: Although complications can appear weak, the enterprise value is off the charts. Complications give users access to frequently used data directly from the face of the watch, which means your brand has the potential to make an impression on your customers every time they check the time. The wrong side? Due to the limited real estate which is in competition with the clock, time, and other popular complications, investment probability is low.
Apple Watch: Analytical Tips
How the analysis can help improve the user experience across your app wearables
- Capture How the app is launched shows What are the application users are more valuable to your brand. Users who launch the application of complication or Glances, or users who launch from the Home screen? Placing launch points – such as the Home screen, Glances, complication or push notification – in conversion variables (EVAR) can reveal how users access your application
- See glance: Send event and the EVAR showed content type how glance views are presented, and how those lead to start your application from the watch.? Some types look for content lead to more launches app shows? This information can help your brand to refine the content that connects with users -. While eliminating content that is not
- Capture EVAR to distinguish the App shows the Phone App. This allows you to view reports and see the relationship between the application and the phone launcher application. It can be accomplished with the context variable of a.RunMode which is automatically generated from the software development kit (SDK), where “Application” = Phone and “Extension” = Watch.
- Look for effects of the App on the App Watch phone. Since applications watches and phones apps have a relationship child / parent, it is important to keep users satisfied with both experiences. Positive examples include less churn app for phone users, more consumed content, and more time devoted to the application.
Apple Watch :. Testing and optimization tips
Adobe Target and Target recommendations can help test brands and optimize experiences through wearables to suggest content that will motivate your customers to respond
- Recommendations target use for the best use of Glance Views. You can use Recommendations to drive the message based on past activity. For example, a new application must not only show a top generic title. Instead, a title for a new sub-category – such as technology, sports, or finance -. Can be created based on the greater time spent by the user on this subcategory in the phone application
- Test content to display on App Launch, According to Source launch. If your application has a specific content launched complications, you can test on launch of the application to determine if other content is more useful to the user. Adobe target can be used for mobile-app optimization testing and determine how best to provide experience to the user depending on the launch source. For example, a medical application shows the next time of medicines, provided in a complication. For them, a target – based on the launch of the application via a complication – is to test if you show up a list of potential food and drug interactions with the planned drug, or if you have a schedule of upcoming drugs
- Use Rules-Based Targeting to customize what content is displayed when. Ensure content is delivered at the right time for the user is the key to the mobile-app optimization. For example, a stock trading application should display current quotes with options trading during market hours; any other time devalues information. Before and after-hours trading, the application can be customized with every day of the new shares, wrap-ups, and ideas about the day ahead, creating great value for application users around the clock.
Interested in learning how to analyze, test and optimize the implementation of your brand over-the-top (OTT) devices? Then make sure you check my previous post.